Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ratatouille Recipe

Wanted to share this recipe. This was super cheap and easy. I ended up adding some seasoning to this. I like to add Italian seasoning to everything with spaghetti sauce, lol...

Ratatouille Recipe
1 eggplant ( cut into 1/2 chunks without skin)
1 zucchini ( cut into 1/2 inch chunks)
1 yellow bell pepper (sliced thinly)
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 jar of traditional spaghetti sauce
2 tbs of olive oil
 
Turn the stove on med heat. Add the olive oil, garlic and all the vegetables in the pan. Cook until the vegetables tender. Once the vegetables are tender add the spaghetti sauce and simmer until sauce is warm. Serve right a way!


This is the very first time I have ever had this. We are trying to eat at least two meals a week that are vegetarian. I wanted a little more than vegetables and spaghetti sauce so I made gluten free garlic cheese bread. I was so full and had plenty left over. You could always add more vegetables or even add cooked pasta to this dish. I will be using this recipe a lot more!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment