Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Chicken, Bean and Rice Casserole

I found this recipe on Gluten Freely Frugal .

I have not tried this yet but looks amazing! Thought I would share!

 
Chicken, Bean and Rice Casserole

  Ingredients:
  • 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
  • 3-4 cups cooked rice
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • 2 cups cooked black beans
  • 1 container Original Philadelphia Cooking Creme (Note:  This is NOT necessarily frugal, I only used this because I had 9 of them in my fridge that I picked up for next to nothing with sales and coupons, so you could try substituting all yogurt or sour cream instead)
  • 1/4 cup sour cream (or could use yogurt)
  • 1 cup diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese (plus more for topping, or could use crushed corn chips)
  • 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • You could add some Mexican seasoning, but I didn’t
Cook the chicken in a pan in olive oil.
Mix all the rest of the ingredients together, and layer in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes, covered with foil.  Uncover, add some cheese or corn chips on top, and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment