Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Very disappointed

So I thought I was suppose to start my second job this week but for some reason I am getting the run around. I am going to leave the company un-named but I don't get what is going on. So I had to have a background check to work for them which I am kind of shocked on because it's a little more than minimum wage and only working for 12 hrs a week. Maybe since I have been out of the second job working game maybe that is something everyone does. I am pretty sure McDonald's, Wal-Mart and others don't have a background check and a drug test. But any whooo, so the manager told me that he would call me after the background check came back. Okay totally cool. Well three weeks went by and I was starting to question what was going on. Three weeks really? So I called last Wed (Oct 5th) to ask if something was wrong. Spoke with the manager and he was like oh yea it has been in. SERIOUS??? So he got it in and never called. Ok I will let this go because he could have been super busy. I don't know how his job is and what has been going on. Give him the benefit of the doubt. He said everything looked good. SWEET! Not like I was doubting but ready to get to work and start bringing in some extra income for debt. He told me he would call me back the next day (Thurs Oct 6th) or following (Friday Oct 7th) to let me know what I will be working the next week (week of Oct 10th, this week). Well Thursday and Friday came and gone. No phone call, nothing. So did Saturday. Sunday afternoon I was pretty upset. I called the store to speak with a manager or to see if anyone could tell me if I was on the schedule since I was out of town. Just couldn't come in and look for myself. An employee answered the phone. I told him I was new and was told I was suppose to be working this coming week but the manager hasn't gotten back with my yet. I asked if there was a way he could find out. He asked for my name (which I thought he was going to go to the back and look on the schedule) and then told me he would let the manager know I called and then hung up before I could even get a word in. You have to be kidding me. The manager doesn't even call me when the background check came back or call me back when he told me he was going to but the employee working at the store was an ass!!! I don't know if it's just me but this is not how a manager/employees should be. To me that is lazy and irresponsible. If something is going on just call and let me know. Just pick up the phone and let the person know. I wouldn't be mad at all. You have to have communication. Today is Tuesday and still no word from that manager. I am really really mad now. I am sorry but that is not how you treat a new employee. Someone asked why I don't just call back again. In my opinion I shouldn't have to call three times in order to start working somewhere. I called twice and I think I have done my part to try to get this ball rolling. Not sure if this is a right way to look at things but if I don't hear back from them by Friday and they eventually call back I am going to tell them I am not interested anymore. Not even sure if I want to work for them now after everything that has happened. I want the money but I don't want to work for a manager that can't handle his job. I am totally venting but I am really upset about this. I was soooo excited to start working there. Something new and different than what I already do M-F from 8:30am to 5pm. I guess the week will come to show me if this is meant to be or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment